Term Position ending May 15, 2017
The BC NDP is seeking an an experienced, talented and energetic individual to work as the the Deputy Director of tour.
In this job you will be working long, intense hours with an equally dedicated team of BC NDP campaigners in the weeks of the the pre-election, writ period and through to election day. You must be able to thrive in a team environment and stay cool under pressure.
- Collaborate with the Campaign Tour Director and senior members of the campaign team to strategically plan and implement the leader’s tour itinerary and daily schedule
- Collaborate with candidates, local campaigns and community stakeholders to develop plans for outreach events
- Handle requests for the leader, arrange meetings, phone calls, and other appointments and events in the Leader’s schedule
- Prepare campaign ready detailed inside itineraries
- Coordinate with appropriate staff to ensure all relevant information is available for media releases, background and notes
- Quality assurance and final confirmation on all details of travel and event logistics realed to leader’s tour
- Follow-up with individuals and organizations and ensure all details have been taken care of following a tour visit
- Monitor travel and tour expenses and adhere to tour budget
- Previous experience in planning and scheduling election tours and events for a leader during an election campaign
- Superior organizational skills and ability to plan, execute, and document travel plans
- Previous experience working with BC NDP and political tours in BC
- Good political judgment
- Able to keep your cool when working to a tight deadline under intense pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative inclusive approach to problem solving
- Computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook is essential
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders all over the province
- Eagerness to work irregular, campaign hours and travel
- Administrative experience including tracking finances and travel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of all regions of British Columbia, provincial politics, and current issues.
Terms and Conditions This is a full-time term position ending May 15, 2017 and is covered by the CUPE 3787 Collective Agreement.
Please include resume, cover letter and references. Apply by email using subject line “Deputy Tour Director Applications” to Glen Sanford no later than 5pm Saturday, February 18, 2017. Sent to email@example.com