January 2nd, 2019
Digital Engagement Officer
The BC New Democratic Party is seeking a digital campaigner with a passion for progressive politics and online communications to play a central role in the BC NDP’s digital program.
The Digital Engagement Officer will be responsible for assisting in planning, creation and implementation of strategies in all digital channels including email, texting, web, and advertising.
As a key member of the Digital team, you will leverage your strong understanding of progressive politics and digital best practices to grow and engage with our supporter and donor communities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and produce informational, engagement and fundraising emails and report on results.
- Improve existing email workflow processes and research and stay current on email best practices.
- Implement integrated digital campaigns and content.
- Assist in the production of supporter acquisition programs using sign-up pages, online search marketing and social media advertising.
- Identify opportunities for paid promotion and strategic ad buys.
- Build, test and optimize digital ads across platforms including Google Adwords and Facebook
- Mobilize BC NDP supporters and volunteers through texting tools and tactics.
- Provide regular reporting on digital campaign results.
- Collaborate with other departments including but not exclusively the Communications Team and the Field Team to implement digital, fundraising and organizational campaign readiness objectives.
- Work with BC NDP volunteers across BC to encourage, develop and implement digital engagement and fundraising plans in their areas.
- Monitor innovations and trends in the digital landscape for new opportunities.
- Ensure all materials fit within the BC NDP’s brand, voice and message framing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- A high aptitude for learning new, complex systems and tools.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing requests.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively within a fast-paced campaign environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience contributing to digital campaigns.
- Experience working with digital tools such as social media platforms and web platforms.
- Ability to analyze and understand campaign metrics.
- Experience with NDP, labour or progressive organizations’ campaigns.
- Experience with targeting and segmenting digital communication.
- Experience with testing and optimization.
- Experience managing and formatting data in Excel.
- Experience working with digital tools including mass email and texting platforms.
- Knowledge of basic html and css.
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time, term position ending June 30, 2019, with the possibility of extension. The position is covered by the CUPE 3787 Collective Agreement.
Thursday, January 31, 2019, at 5:00pm
Applications should include a cover letter clearly outlining relevant experience, along with a résumé and three relevant references, and should be sent by email to the attention of Heather Stoutenburg, Deputy Director, at email@example.com
Please include the job title in the subject line. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.