Temporary Administrative Assistant Operations & Administrative Support
Victoria, British Columbia
Operations & Administrative Support
$1,606.50 - $1,713.54 bi-weekly
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer routine inquiries from MLAs, Caucus staff, media, constituents and the general public.
- Review and transfer telephone inquiries, and take and deliver telephone messages.
- Refer MLAs and visitors to appropriate offices and personnel.
- Monitor NDP Caucus general email inbox and reply to, or refer email enquiries.
- Assist with updating and maintaining contact database.
- Assist Caucus staff and MLAs in preparing, sending, and monitoring correspondence.
- Open, date, sort, direct and deliver incoming mail.
- Perform photocopier “key operator” functions, including photocopying, distributing and posting internal documents, monitoring photocopier performance, helping staff and MLAs to operate equipment and arranging for service and supplies.
- Assist in preparing, assembling, copying, posting and facilitating the circulation of operational information.
- Monitor supplies and ensure that stationery and office equipment supplies are available.
- Monitor kitchen and coffee supplies and ensure that supplies are topped up.
- Ensure that Caucus boardroom & Government Caucus meeting room is maintained; set room up for meetings.
- Schedule Pine Room, Caucus Room meetings and Caucus conference calling line.
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned.
The New Democrat BC Government Caucus is committed to recruiting and developing employees that are representative of the diversity of the people of British Columbia.
To support employment equity and diversity in the workplace, we welcome applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with diversabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity in the Government Caucus.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including working with the public, elected officials, senior staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise initiative, work independently and with flexibility.
- Excellent organizational skills, as well as ability to follow directions with speed, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to type at least 30 words per minute.
- Demonstrated skills and experience using all programs in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge of the structure and policies of New Democrat Caucus and provincial government policies.
- Administrative Experience is an asset.
- Benefits as per the collective agreement; temporary employees receive a percentage of gross salary in lieu of vacation and health & welfare benefits.
- This is a bargaining unit position: BCGEU Local 701.
- Regular hours are 35 hours per week, 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
- Position starts as soon as possible. Temporary position is to June 30, 2021 with the possibility of extension.